Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Desert Daze 2015: Interview with Feels



Label: Lolipop Records / Burger Records
Musical Style: Psych Punk Grunge Post Future Rock & Roll

Band Members: Laena Geronimo, Shannon Lay, Amy Allen, Michael Rudes








What brands are you wearing today for apparel, accessories and footwear? 

Laena: Crap Eyewear, Generic Surplus shoes, American Apparel shorts, vintage everything else
Amy: I borrowed my hat from my dad. It's important to know when function should take priority over fashion. Nobody wants a sunburnt peely nose. When I got dressed for the desert that morning, I knew I wanted to wear as little clothing as possible, but I also wanted to be comfortable. I threw on a see through tank dress over a bikini halter with gold velvet shorts and felt like a winner all day.
Mike: I bought my bandana from a homeless man in Echo Park.  

Do you have any go to brands, or any particular store you’re loyal to when choosing what you wear while performing?

Leana: Not really. Levis jeans I guess? I wear mostly simple things that I'm comfortable playing, loading equipment, sitting in the grass and walking for miles in. I'm happy to keep the focus on the music.
Shannon: Squaresville Vintage in Los Feliz!

Do you associate yourself with a particular style?

Leana: Not any in particular, I like to combine and be moody with it.

Do you have any style icons? Where does your style inspiration come from?

Leana: Patti Smith had great style. I like androgynous stuff mostly. At the end of the day I'm pretty sure my style just comes from my awesome art punk weirdo parents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment